today i fixed up some (3d) generation stuff, after some fretting about the limits of the system i built. the generation is still an enormous mess, but it's less of an enormous mess than before. we'll see if i can make it less terrible as i go. i'd really like something identifiable as "an environment" rather than a collection of solids glommed together.
today i fixed up some of the HELL GAME description data, to make actually coding up scenes easier -- basically to make branching scenes a lot less tedious to do. Now it's much easier to be like "branch in this way if you're any kind of centaur or quadruped, and branch this other way if yr any kind of biped", since... basically the vast majority of the branches i've written branch on basic bodytype, the big `biped / quadruped / centaur / snake / naga / wyvern` split. which is a messssss to write everything for, btw. it's the nagas and wyverns that trip me up. (i have a few scenes "coded" up, just without any of the actual branching logic in there, so now i can more feasibly add that.)
also i managed to figure out some functions i need to write before i should try to rearrange the rhombic game generator any more. there's a specific bug that i can only fix if i move some code around, and the function that does that thing is by far the slowest part of the map generation as it currently exists, so i think once i fix the bug i should be in a better place to have reasonable code i can try optimizing. as always it's a little frustrating that the only real "rendering" functions i have just draw really clunky looking primitives, but ehhhh i'll figure out something later. (i've got: axis-aligned cubic prisms and spheres. not the best things to shape a naturalistic world out of.)